BlackVue DR750-2CH LTE
Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for: the DR750-2CH LTE is here! Now you have a high quality, dual-?hannel (two-lens, for front + rear recording) dash cam system that records in FullHD 1080p resolution (from both front and rear lenses), now with 4G LTE connectivity built-in! Not only does the DR750 LTE offer the standard direct Wi-Fi connection option (like its predecessor, the DR750S-2CH model), but now it also brings "native" BlackVue Over The Cloud functionality via the built-in 4G LTE module, no external WiFi hotspot needed! Of course, the DR750 LTE also brings you image quality, reliability, features and performance we've all come to expect from BlackVue. Just add your own SIM card and go!
Please see some notes below in regards to the LTE, Mobile Data and Cloud capabilities.
The name of this model may look familiar to you and the reason is that it's built upon the successful DR750S-2CH model. That's right, all the BlackVue signature features such as the Sony STARVIS Image Sensors, advanced CPU and hardware, built-in GPS receiver, direct Wi-Fi connectivity, screenless tube-shaped design and outstanding build quality and reliability are all here! This also means that if you own a DR750S-2CH/DR900S-2CH camera, the upgrade will be rather easy: just replace the front mount and keep the existing power and rear unit setup. In other words, the DR750-2CH LTE using the same power cable, rear camera cable and the rear camera as the DR750S and DR900S dual-channel models!
Combined with a Power Management Device, the DR750-2CH LTE automatically switches into Parking Recording Mode when the ignition is switched off and will continue to monitor your vehicle, recording and storing events for review later – or alerting you in real-time via the BlackVue Cloud Alerts. Video buffering ensures that your camera will also record the seconds leading up to the event, ensuring you have the whole picture.
- BlackVue Cloud support allows you to remotely see what the unit is seeing, where it is at the moment, receive real-time "impact" alerts provide other and other security features.
- In addition to the Cloud access, the camera's built-in Wi-Fi module provides with a direct connection to your smartphone allowing you to view the footage without using any mobile data (within 10-15 meter range from your car).
- STARVIS™ IMX291 imaging sensors that used in both the front and the rear cameras are a reference in video clarity under low light.
- The powerful hardwire with the HiSilicon Hi3559 CPU allows for 25 Megabits front and 10 Megabits rear video bitrate as well as Enhanced Night Vision feature for better video quality.
- In the Sports Mode, the DR750-2CH LTE can record at 60 FPS on the front cam noticeably reducing blur on license plates.
- The built-in GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and time so you can visualize its position on the map.
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated or timelapse Parking Modes (requires Power Management Device).
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high-temperature cut-off, this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
Important LTE, Mobile Data and Cloud Notes
- The DR750-2CH LTE can be used even without the Cloud. This means is that even if you do not have a SIM card at the moment, you can still use this camera to record driving footage - it just won't be available for remote access. In other words, video recording does not require Cloud connectivity nor mobile data.
- To utilize this LTE dash cam to full capacity, you will need to supply your own 'nano' SIM card in order to enable the Cloud features.
- We at DriverCam sell the Global Version of the DR750-2CH LTE dash cam which supports the following LTE bands: B1, B3, B7 and B20. Our testing shows that it is compatible with all the major New Zealand LTE operators including Spark (Skinny), Vodafone and 2degrees (testing was carried out in the Auckland Region).
- BlackVue offers different Cloud Plans for different needs. We at DriverCam found Free Plan more than suitable for personal use, however, if you're planning to have more than one camera connected to your account or use the Fleet Management capabilities, please consider BlackVue Cloud Fleet Plans.
- When it comes to mobile data consumption, our testing showed that 1GB monthly data plan sufficed a consistent use of BlackVue Cloud, including GPS tracking, alerts, impact video uploads and occasional live view sessions. We recommend 1.5GB data plans for moderate Cloud users and 3GB plans for heavy Cloud users.
- Please note that not all recordings created by your DR750-LTE dash cam are sent up to the Cloud automatically. Not only is it typically unnecessary (for most drivers) to have a Cloud backup of literally every second of normal driving or parking mode videos, but uploading each and every recording to the Cloud via LTE would simply consume too much data to be feasible. For example, a 2-hour drive could easily generate 20 GB+ of video files on the memory card, so you can see how trying to send this much data to the Cloud would quickly burn up heaps of data allocation. Instead, BlackVue has solved this problem by automatically uploading "important" files tagged by the dash cam impact sensors as "Events" both during driving and parking. The sensitivity of the sensors and upload settings can be adjusted.
Specs and Manual
Specs are taken from the official BlackVue website.
The manual can be found on the BlackVue DR750-2CH LTE Manual Page.
The DR750-2CH LTE comes with a 32GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of keeping about 2 hours worth of footage (with the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage stored, you can select a more capacious option in the drop-down menu above. Each memory card option in the menu marked with an estimated recording time and price.
This is relevant sample footage of the DR750S-2CH model which is identical to the DR750-2CH LTE video quality-wise (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest)
The video below is a walk through a very basic BlackVue dual-channel dash cam installation (if you'd like to hardwire the unit, please refer to this video instead).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supplies every single order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend