*NEW!* BlackVue DR900S-2CH [4K UltraHD]
The BlackVue DR900S Series is the world’s first 4K Ultra HD Cloud-connected dashboard camera and takes video fidelity to a whole new performance level. Engineered for those who demand the finest video quality day and night, the DR900S-2CH is featuring a stunning 4K UltraHD front camera with 8 megapixel CMOS sensor and FullHD 1080p rear camera with Sony STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor for superb clarity.
The 4K Ultra High Definition resolution contains exactly four times as many pixels as Full HD, 3840 pixels ? 2160 lines to be exact, equivalent to 8.3 million pixels. For a dashboard camera, this can mean the difference between an unusable pixelated blur and a readable licence plate, especially at speed or in low light conditions. To take even greater advantage of the extra resolution, the DR900S-2CH packs a massive ultra-wide 162-degree lens on its front camera for incredible clarity and detail from edge-to-edge. The DR900S-2CH performs exceptionally well at night and in dark environments while maintaining a low level of noise. In daylight, the ability to “freeze” the action is nothing short of spectacular, thanks to a high shutter speed, so users can clearly see the details of vehicles even in adjacent lanes at the edges of the screen.
Along with 4K recording, the DR900S Series redefines expectations for dashcam storage efficiency. When handling 4K footage, storage space is always going to be a primary concern thus the DR900S-2CH incorporates the best in video compression technology: HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Coding), also referred to as H.265, is the leading standard in broadcasting and streaming of 4K video content.
But it’s not only about the quality of the image, the DR900S-2CH implements all the most useful features of the DR750S-2CH such as GPS logging, Wi-Fi pairing with BlackVue App for iPhone and Android, impact and motion detection and Over The Cloud connectivity (requires an in-car internet connection) - all in a premium quality, discreet and compact design.
- 4K Ultra HD bump in resolution on the front cam achieved by 8-Megapixel CMOS Sensor. In other words, 4K Ultra HD is four times as many pixels as Full HD.
- The powerful HiSilicon Hi3559 Processor allows for 25 Megabits (front) and 10 Megabits (rear) video bitrate for the best quality.
- DR900S features High Efficiency Video Coding (H.265), the leading standard in 4K recording and broadcasting.
- The dual-band 2.4-5GHz Wi-Fi lets you download dash cam videos to a smartphone at blazing speed (within 10-15 meter range).
- For those who fancy smoothness it supports 60FPS on the front cam at Full HD resolution (this can dramatically reduce blur on license plates).
- The built-in GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires a Power Management Device).
- BlackVue Over The Cloud support allows you to remotely see what the unit is seeing, where it is at the moment, real-time alerts when the G-sensor is triggered and other security features (requires an in-car internet connection).
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high temperature cut off this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
- Discreet and stealthy design that has received overwhelmingly positive feedback over the years. It's truly an eye-candy, hands down.
Specs are taken from the official BlackVue website.
The DR900S-2CH comes with a 16GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of keeping about 1 hour worth of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can either use your own larger memory card or select a more capacious option in the drop down menu above. For your convenience, please see the recording times chart for different memory options (16/32/64/128 GB).
Sample Nigh Time Footage
Night time recording is the biggest challenge for any camera. The DR900S does a great job recording at night (please don't forget to set the video quality to the highest)
Please find some customer reviews of the BlackVue DR900S-2CH below.
The installation process for the BlackVue DR900S-2CH is identical to its predecessors such as DR750S-2CH and DR650S-2CH. The video below is a walk through a very basic DR750S-2CH installation (if you'd like to hardwire the unit, please refer to this video instead).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz! 90% of our customers receive their orders overnight if paid by 3pm on a weekday (except Friday).
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supplies every single order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend