Viofo A129 PRO Single
The A129 PRO Single is one of the highly-anticipated 4K dash cams of the year. Keeping the same sleek design of its predecessor, the Viofo A129 Single, and now with the 8.29MP Sony Exmor R image sensor and the Novatek 96685 processor to deliver eye-popping 4K UltraHD (3840*2160) resolution at 30 FPS.
NB: Please note that this is the Single (front-only) version of the Viofo A129 PRO dash cam. The rear camera can be added later, it is sold separately (please enquire for details). For the front-and-rear version of this dash cam, please see Viofo A129 PRO Duo.
Following the success of the A129, the PRO version is equipped with a 2.0" high-definition screen, a user-friendly button interface and an external GPS receiver that is built into the adhesive mount (included in the package). On top of that, the Wi-Fi module allows you to leverage your smartphone screen by pairing it with the camera. Just install the iOS for your iPhone or the Android app on your smartphone and you'll be able to playback and download your footage or access settings within seconds.
Would you like your dash cam to operate not only while you're driving but when you're away too? The A129 PRO has got this sorted too with Parking Recording by Motion Detection! Matching the camera with either the Viofo 3-pin Hardwire Cable (requires hardwiring) or a Back-Up Battery will allow the cam tam to trigger recording on motion detection as well as on impact detection so that protection will be readily available for the vehicle while the owner is away.
- Crystal-clear video quality is achieved by the advanced 8.29MP Sony Exmor R image sensor.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to view live video, change settings, playback and download videos to your mobile device (within 10-15 meter range around the car).
- The built-into-mount GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires a Power Management Device).
- Range of optional accessories from Viofo: Hardwire Cables for a clean installation, Battery Packs for parking recording, Polarizing Filter and Bluetooth Emergency Button.
- Low-profile and discreet design.
- Up to 256GB memory card support.
- 1-year manufacturer warranty.
The A129 PRO sample footage (please disregard the rear camera footage)
Most of the reviews we have collected below feature the dual-channel (front and rear) version of the A129 PRO Duo. With that said, most of the information in these reviews (only except the rear cam related bits) is perfectly applicable to the A129 PRO Single.
Viofo A129 PRO Duo review from TechGuru @ nerdtechy.com
Viofo A129 PRO Duo review from dashboardcamerareviews.com
Viofo A129 PRO Duo review from Jim Martin @ TechAdvisor
Viofo A129 PRO Duo review from Jon Jacobi @ PCWorld
Viofo A129 PRO Duo review from Brad Moon @ Forbes
We have also collected some video reviews of the Viofo A129 PRO below.
The installation process for the Viofo A129 PRO Single is similar (with slight variations) to the other dash cameras such as BlackVue. The videos in this playlist may give you some ideas about the installation. Please disregard the rear camera related parts as these are not applicable to this model.
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supplies every single order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend