Building on the success of the discreet and affordable DR590W-1CH model, the new DR590X-1CH is the next evolution of the DR590W series from BlackVue. With BlackVue's smallest form-factor, smooth FullHD recording, direct Wi-Fi connectivity and an excellent selection of available add-ons, the DR590X-1CH is worth your consideration. Read on!
Parking Recording by Motion Detection is a feature that appeals to many BlackVue customers. Not only is the new DR590X compatible with the existing Power Magic Pro and Battery Packs, it also can be used the new BlackVue 3-pin Hardwire Cable which is the most affordable way of using Parking Recording (relies on your car's battery). All in all, regardless of what Parking Recording Add-on you choose, while the power lasts, the DR590X will trigger recording based on motion or impact detection. This footage will be stored on the memory card and can be reviewed later, just like CCTV.
In terms of size, it's also one of the most attractive and smallest front dash cams available hence easy to install. Attach the front unit to the windshield behind the rearview mirror with the provided double-sided tape (located like this, on most cars it won't be visible to the driver’s eye). Using the 4-metre power cable provided, guide the cable around your windscreen down to an available 12V Power Outlet. Once set, you can forget about it, knowing it will reliably record your drive.
Overall, this product features all of the functionality required from a mid-end dash cam while following the signature BlackVue design and build quality. Discreet yet advanced, this dash cam sitting in an affordable price range allowing for customization in terms of adding the optional GPS Receiver and compatible with multiple Parking Recording options should you require it.
- Sony STARVIS™ imaging sensor is a reference in video clarity under low light.
- The powerful HiSilicon Hi3559 Processor allows for 60 FPS recording at 25 Mbps (this can dramatically reduce blur on license plates).
- Built-in direct Wi-Fi allows you to view saved footage and change settings of your dash cam from smartphone (within a 10-15 metre range).
- Enhanced Night Vision, which can be activated from the settings, enhancing details in dark surroundings.
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires a Power Management Device).
- The GPS Receiver (optional) logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high-temperature cut-off, this camera works well in New Zealand summer.
- Following BlackVue's signature tube-shaped design, the DR590X is smaller and lighter compared to the other BlackVue products which makes it one of the most discreet and stealthy models on the market.
Specs and Manual
|Product Dimensions||Width 111.8 mm x Height 34 mm / 86.3 g|
|Image Sensor||STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)|
|Viewing Angle||Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°|
|Resolution and Frame Rate||FullHD @ 60 FPS|
|Image Quality Modes||Highest (Extreme), Highest, High, Normal|
|Memory Card Support||MicroSD Class 10 U-1 or faster, up to 256GB.
BlackVue 32GB card included.
|Recording Modes||– Normal
– Event (Impact Detection)
– Parking Mode (Motion+Impact Detection)
|Parking Mode||Supported (see Power Management Devices)|
|Event File Overwrite Protection||Supported (up to 50)|
|Wi-Fi||Built-in (802.11 b.g.n)|
|GPS||Optional (External - Dual Band: GPS + GLONASS)|
|Speaker, Voice Guidance||Built-in|
|Sensor||3-Axis Acceleration Sensor|
|Backup Power||Built-in supercapacitor|
|Input Power||DC 12V-24V (DC Plug (⌀ 3.5 x ⌀ 1.1))|
|Power Consumption||Normal Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS On) : 240 mAh
Normal Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS On) : 200 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS Off) : 220 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS Off) : 180 mAh
* Actual power consumption varies depending on environment.
|Operation Temperature||-20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 80 °C (-4 °F to 176 °F )|
|Overheating Cut-Off||Approx. 70 °C (158 °F)|
|Certifcations||FCC, CE, RoHS, Telec, WEEE, IC|
* Windows 7 or higher, Mac Yosemite OS X or higher
|Smartphone App||BlackVue App
* Android 5.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 or higher
|Other||– Adaptive Format Free File Management System|
The DR590X-1CH comes with the 32GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of storing around 2.5 hours worth of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can add a more capacious option in the drop-down menu above. Each memory card option in the menu is marked with its price and estimated recording time.
Sample Footage & Reviews
The DR590X does a great job producing high-quality videos both day and night (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest). Also, please disregard the rear camera related parts as they are not applicable to this model.
The installation process for the DR590X-1CH is identical to the other BlackVue X Series dash cam. The video below is a walkthrough of a very basic BlackVue dash cam installation* (if you'd like to hardwire the camera, this video will also come in handy).
* Please disregard the rear camera related parts as they are not applicable to this model.
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supply every order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend