*NEW!* BlackVue DR590W-1CH
In February 2018, South-Korean dash cam manufacturer PITTASOFT came up with their middle-end targetted model, the BlackVue DR590W. After an extensive testing we appreciated its quality as well as its simplicity and decided to offer it as an affordable BlackVue option for our customers. The "W" letter in its name stands for "Wi-Fi" which is an excellent feature as it allows the user to playback/download video footage and change settings directly via their smartphone. The Sony STARVIS™ image sensor that equips the front camera delivers an outstanding low-light performance. Additionally, it features Night Vision, further enhancing details in dark surroundings.
Just like the other BlackVue products, the DR590W has built-in parking recording, allowing for around the clock protection for customers and their vehicles. Matching the camera with either the Power Magic Pro or a Back Up Battery will allow the DR590W-1CH to trigger recording with motion detection as well as impact detection so that protection will be readily available for the vehicle while the owner is away.
In terms of size, it's also one of the most attractive and smallest models available thus easy to install. Attach the front unit to the windshield behind the rear view mirror with the provided double-sided tape (located like this, on most cars it won't be visible to the driver’s eye). Using the 4m power cable provided, guide the cable around your windscreen down to an available 12V Power Outlet. Once set, you can forget about it, knowing it will reliably record your drive.
Overall, this product features all the functionality required from a mid-end dash cam while following the signature BlackVue design and build quality. Discreet yet advanced, this dash cam sitting in an affordable price range allowing for customization in terms of the optional GPS antenna and compatible with multiple Parking Recoding options should you require it.
- Sony STARVIS™ imaging sensor is a reference in video clarity under low light.
- The powerful HiSilicon Hi3559 Processor allows for 60 FPS recording (this can dramatically reduce blur on license plates).
- Enhanced Night Vision, which can be activated from the settings, enhancing details in dark surroundings.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to view saved footage and change settings of your dash cam from smartphone (within 10-15 meter range).
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires Power Management Device).
- The GPS receiver (optional extra) logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Based on super capacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high temperature cut off this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
- Following BlackVue's signature tube-shaped design, the DR590W is smaller and lighter compared to the other BlackVue products which makes it one of the most discreet and stealthy models on the market.
Specs are taken from the official BlackVue website.
The DR590W-1CH comes with a 16GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of storing about 2.5 hours worth of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can either use your own larger memory card or select a more capacious option in the drop down menu above. For your convenience, please see the recording times chart for different memory options (16/32/64/128 GB).
Sample Nigh Time Footage
Night time recording is the biggest challenge for any camera. The DR590W does a great job recording at night (please don't forget to set the video quality to the highest)
Most of the reviews we have collected below feature the dual-channel (front and rear) version of the DR590W. With that said, most of the information in these reviews (except only the rear cam related bits) is perfectly applicable to the DR590W-1CH.
BlackVue DR590W-2CH review from BlackBoxMyCar
BlackVue DR590W-2CH review from dashcamtalk.com
We also collected some video reviews of the BlackVue DR590W for your convenience (please disregard the rear camera related parts as these are not applicable to this model).
The installation process for the BlackVue DR590W-1CH is identical to its predecessors such as DR750S and DR650S. The video below is a walk through a very basic DR750S-2CH installation (if you'd like to hardwire the unit, please refer to this video instead). You may also disregard the rear camera related part as it is not applicable to this model.
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz! 90% of our customers receive their orders overnight if paid by 3pm on a weekday (except Friday).
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supplies every single order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend