BlackVue DR590X-2CH IR (Full HD)
Building on the success of the discreet and affordable DR590W-2CH IR model, the new DR590X-2CH IR is the next iteration of the DR590 series. This system is designed with professional drivers in mind: it monitors both the front and the interior of a vehicle, making it ideal for the taxi, Uber or rideshare drivers. Both channels record in Full HD 1080p, while the interior unit is additionally equipped with two IR (infrared) lights to capture every detail of the cabin, even in pitch black lighting conditions.
Parking Recording by Motion Detection is a feature that appeals to many BlackVue customers. Not only is the new DR590X compatible with the existing Power Magic Pro and Battery Packs, it also can be used with the included BlackVue 3-pin Hardwire Cable which is the most affordable way of using Parking Recording (relies on your car's battery). All in all, regardless of what Parking Recording Add-on you choose, while the power lasts, the DR590X will trigger recording based on motion or impact detection. This footage will be stored on the memory card and can be reviewed later, just like CCTV.
In terms of size, it's also one of the most attractive and smallest front dash cams available which makes it easy to install. Featuring a built-in Wi-Fi module, this model allows you to playback/download video footage and change settings directly using your smartphone. The Sony STARVIS™ image sensor that equips the front camera delivers an outstanding low-light performance. Additionally, it features Night Vision, further enhancing details inside the vehicle in dark surroundings.
Overall, this product features all of the functionality required from a mid-end dash cam while following the signature BlackVue design and build quality. Discreet yet advanced, this dash cam sits in an affordable price range allowing for customization in terms of adding the optional GPS Receiver and compatible with multiple Parking Recording options should you require surveillance while parked.
- With the front camera’s Sony STARVIS™ imaging sensor, you get awesome image clarity day and night.
- The interior Full HD camera features two infrared lights for enhanced video quality in low light conditions, perfect for rideshare drivers.
- The powerful HiSilicon Hi3559 Processor allows for 12 Megabits (front) and 10 Megabits (interior) video for the best quality.
- Built-in direct Wi-Fi allows you to view saved footage and change settings of your dash cam from a smartphone (within a 10-15 metre range).
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires a Power Management Device).
- The GPS Receiver (optional) logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high-temperature cut-off, this camera works well in New Zealand summer.
- Following BlackVue's signature tube-shaped design, the DR590X is smaller and lighter compared to the other BlackVue products which makes it one of the most discreet and stealthy models on the market.
Specs and Manual
|Front: Width 111.8 mm x Height 34 mm / 87.8 g
Interior: Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 20.3 g
|Front: STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)
Interior: CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2M Pixel)
|Front: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
Interior: Diagonal 136.8°, Horizontal 111.3°, Vertical 57.5
|Resolution and Frame Rate
|Front: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 30 FPS
Interior: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 30 FPS
|Image Quality Modes
|Highest, High, Normal
|Memory Card Support
|MicroSD Class 10 U-1 or faster, up to 256GB.
BlackVue 32GB card included.
|MP4, H.264 (AVC)
– Event (Impact Detection)
– Parking Mode (Motion+Impact Detection)
|Supported (requires constant power using included 3-pin Hardwire Cable or Battery Pack)
|Event File Overwrite Protection
|Supported (up to 50)
|Built-in (802.11 b.g.n)
|Optional (External - Dual Band: GPS + GLONASS)
|Speaker, Voice Guidance
|3-Axis Acceleration Sensor
|DC 12V-24V (DC Plug (⌀ 3.5 x ⌀ 1.1))
|Normal Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS On) : 370 mAh
Normal Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS On) : 330 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS Off) : 340 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS Off) : 300 mAh
* Actual power consumption varies depending on environment.
|-20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)
|-20 °C to 80 °C (-4 °F to 176 °F )
|Approx. 70 °C (158 °F)
|Front: FCC, CE, RoHS, Telec, WEEE, IC
Interior: FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE
* Windows 7 or higher, Mac Yosemite OS X or higher
* Android 5.0 or higher (requires 64-bit operating system), iOS 9.0 or higher
|– Adaptive Format Free File Management System
The DR590X-2CH comes with the 32GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of storing around 3 hours worth of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can add a more capacious option in the drop-down menu above. Each memory card option in the menu is marked with its price and estimated recording time.
The DR590X-2CH IR sample footage (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest)
The installation process for the DR590X-2CH IR is identical to the other BlackVue X Series dash cams except the interior camera installed right next to the front unit pointing inside the cabin of your vehicle. The video below is a walkthrough of a very basic BlackVue dual-channel dash cam installation (if you'd like to hardwire the camera, this video will also come in handy).
Shipping and Taxes
Free overnight NZ Post tracked courier shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $200! (rural approximately 3 days)
We Also Recommend