Viofo A119 V3 GPS
The predecessors of this model, the A119 V2 and the A119S have been on the market for quite a while now and by far the most common review on those products was "great value for money". Be assured, the new A119 V3 is no different. Sharing the popular "wedge-shaped" design of the A119 family, it also comes with a 2-inch screen and a set of control buttons underneath all assembled in a stealthy-looking black body.
With a 5 MPx Sony STARVIS™ IMX335 image sensor, the Viofo A119 v3 can record 1440p (2560x1440 resolution) video at 30fps. If you prefer 60fps, just drop the resolution to 1920x1080. Either way, the video quality is truly stunning both during the day and at night thanks to the Sony image sensor and the F/1.6 aperture lens. The A119 V3's diagonal field of view of 140° is the happy medium allowing to capture license plate numbers since objects look closer in the video and there is less fish-eye effect yet it's wide enough to tell the full story.
Would you like your dash cam to operate not only while you're driving but when you're away too? The A119 V3 offers 3 parking options to choose from: Event Recording Mode (records based on motion or impact detection), Low Bitrate Mode (records continuously at 4 Mbps) and Time-Lapse Mode (records continuously at 1-10 FPS frame rate). To enable these parking modes, you will need either to hardwire the dash cam to your car using the Viofo 3-pin Hardwire Cable or hook up with one of the Dash Cam Back-Up Batteries (can be used off a cigarette lighter power outlet).
Purchasing the Viofo A119 V3 from DriverCam, not only will you receive it with the GPS Mount out of the box but we also ship it by tracked courier New Zealand-wide (ETA 1-2 business days). Being the official retailer of Viofo in New Zealand, we are in the position to provide all the required technical and warranty support should it be required.
- Improved video quality is achieved by the advanced 5 MPx Sony STARVIS™ IMX335 image sensor and the F/1.6 aperture lens.
- The built-into-mount GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires a Power Management Device).
- Uses capacitors over cheaper lithium batteries which extends the lifespan and makes the dash cam resistant to extreme temperatures (from -10°C to 65°C)
- Low-profile and discreet design makes it easy to fit the cam behind the rear-view mirror and hard to notice it from the outside of the vehicle.
- Up to 256GB memory card support.
- Range of optional accessories: Hardwire Cables for a clean installation, Battery Packs for parking recording, Polarizing Filter and Memory Cards.
- 1-year manufacturer warranty.
The manual for this model can be found here: Viofo A119 V3 Manual.
The A119 V3 sample footage
Viofo A119 V3 review from Jim Martin @ Tech Advisor
Viofo A119 V3 review from BCHobbyist @ blogspot.com
Viofo A119 V3 review from Andrew Lam @ carcamcentral.com
Viofo A119 V3 review from dashcamtalk.com
Viofo A119 V3 review from dashboardcamerareviews.com
We have also collected some video reviews of the Viofo A119 V3 below.
The installation process for the Viofo A119 V3 is similar (with slight variations) to the other dash cameras such as BlackVue. The videos in this playlist may give you some ideas about the installation. Please disregard the rear camera related parts as they are not applicable to this model.
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supply every order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend