Cellink Battery B [76 Wh, 20+ hrs while Parked]
Quite a few premium dash cams featured in our store support Parking Mode functionality, which is getting more and more popular. Until the Battery Packs came along, the only option to utilize the parking recording was to hardwire your dash cam to run off your car's battery, requiring some auto electrical skills and sometimes even resulting in the car's battery getting flat. Being an independent and capacious battery pack, the Cellink Battery B is a great alternative to hardwire kits for running your dash cam in Parking Mode.
Not only does the Cellink Battery B offer better Parking Mode functionality by extending the recording time while your car is parked, but it also takes a lot of the stress off of your vehicle's battery and electrical system. This is especially critical for using the dash cam in some of the European cars, such as the latest Porsche, BMW and Mercedes which are notorious for being packed with somewhat oversensitive electronics.
The Cellink Battery B works by charging a high quality lithium-iron battery (through your accessory socket) when your car is running. When your car is turned off, the charged battery is then used to provide continuous 12V power to your dash cam without the need to drain any power from your car's battery. This process is very effective in reducing the risk of battery getting worn out, low voltage warnings and flat car batteries.
In addition to this, this battery pack is an extremely simple to install DIY option for utilizing Parking Recording (if your dash cam supports Parking Recording by Motion Detection or Timelapse) without hardwiring to your car's fuse box. The only requirement for the Cellink Battery B is to make sure that the 12V power outlet you're using is ignition-switched, meaning it doesn't receive power when you turn off the engine.
- Fully independent power source for the Parking Recording, it does not use your car's battery at all. No flat battery due to the dash cam usage anymore!
- Large 76.8 Wh capacity is capable of covering up to 40 hours of Parking Recording (single-channel dash cam, when fully charged).
- High quality LiFePO4 lithium-iron phosphate battery means the system can reach temperatures of up to 70°C before the internal sensor automatically shuts the system off safely.
- Super fast charging mode, fully charged within a 60-minute drive.
- Audio notifications indicate the current status of the device.
- Does not interfere with the car's sensitive electronics or trigger error codes.
- Easy DIY installation.
- Compact enough to be hidden under a seat of nearly any car.
Input Cables Explained
- 12V Cigarette Plug Charger - Easier for install, however, charges the unit with lower current of 5 Amps (takes 1hr and 20 to fully charge)
- 12V Hardwire Kit - Allows the Cellink to charge at a higher rate of 9 Amps so it’s able to charge the battery in 45 minutes to full (please arrange a car electrician or our Auckland-wide Dash Cam Installation Service to hardwire it for your). Comes with a set of Add-A-Circuit fuse taps for a seamless installation.
Output Cables Explained
- Dash Cam Cigarette Socket Output - This will be used by 90% of our customers for the BlackVue and Vico-Opia2 dash cams. These are cameras that switch into parking mode after your vehicle is parked for a few minutes. The BlackSys dash cams can also work with this output method if the "use external power" option is enabled.
- Dash Cam Hardwire Output - If you already have a three wire (B+, ACC, Ground) hardwire kit for your dash cam, you can splice it into the Cellink output yourself. This is a good option for the DIY-ers out there who own the BlackSys/Thinkware dash cams.
Installation and Reviews
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz! 90% of our customers receive their orders overnight if paid by 3pm on a weekday (except Friday).
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supplies every single order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend