BlackVue DR750X-2CH LTE Plus
The DR750X LTE Plus is the latest upgrade (released in October 2021) to its all-in-one Cloud-connected model. Superseding the DR750-2CH LTE, the new model features the upgraded Sony STARVIS image sensors, Seamless Pairing and Mobile Hotspot functionality on top of the signature features of the BlackVue dash cams such as the BlackVue Cloud access, direct Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in GPS receiver, screenless tube-shaped design and outstanding build quality and reliability.
The DR750X LTE Plus is designed for those who want instant remote access to their vehicle via BlackVue Cloud. This is achieved via the built-in 4G LTE module (no external Wi-Fi hotspot needed anymore): just insert your SIM card with an active data plan into the camera and go!
Please see some notes below in regards to the LTE, Mobile Data and Cloud capabilities.
Combined with the Power Magic Pro or a Battery Pack, the DR750X LTE Plus automatically switches into Parking Recording Mode when parked and will continue to monitor your vehicle, recording and storing events for review later – or alerting you in real-time via the BlackVue Cloud Alerts. In addition to this, your camera also records the seconds leading up to the event ensuring you have the whole picture, thanks to video buffering.
- BlackVue Cloud support allows you to remotely see what the unit is seeing, where it is at the moment, receive real-time "impact" alerts provide other and other security features.
- In addition to the Cloud access, the camera's built-in Wi-Fi module provides a direct connection to your smartphone allowing you to view the footage without using any mobile data (within a 10-15 metre range from your car).
- STARVIS™ IMX327 image sensor that is used in both the front and the rear cameras is a reference in video clarity under low light.
- The powerful hardwire with the HiSilicon Hi3559 CPU allows for 25 Megabits front and 10 Megabits rear video bitrate as well as Enhanced Night Vision feature for better video quality.
- In the Sports Mode, the DR750X LTE Plus can record at 60 FPS on the front cam noticeably reducing blur on license plates.
- The built-in GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and time so you can visualize its position on the map.
- New features of the "Plus" generation of BlackVue dash cams: Seamless Pairing and Mobile Hotspot Function
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated or timelapse Parking Modes (requires Power Management Device).
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high-temperature cut-off, this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
Important LTE, Mobile Data and Cloud Notes
- The DR750X LTE Plus can be used even without the Cloud. This means is that even if you do not have a SIM card at the moment, you can still use this camera to record driving footage - it just won't be available for remote access. In other words, video recording does not require Cloud connectivity nor mobile data.
- To utilize this LTE dash cam to full capacity, you will need to supply your own 'nano' SIM card in order to enable the Cloud features.
- We at DriverCam sell the Global Version of the DR750X LTE Plus dash cam which supports the following LTE bands: B1, B3, B7 and B20. Our testing shows that it is compatible with all the major New Zealand LTE operators including Spark (Skinny), Vodafone and 2degrees (testing was carried out in the Auckland Region).
- BlackVue offers different Cloud Plans for different needs. We at DriverCam found Free Plan more than suitable for personal use, however, if you're planning to have more than one camera connected to your account or use the Fleet Management capabilities, please consider BlackVue Cloud Fleet Plans.
- When it comes to mobile data consumption, our testing showed that a 1GB monthly data plan sufficed a reasonable use of BlackVue Cloud, including GPS tracking, alerts, impact video uploads and occasional live view sessions. We recommend 1.5GB data plans for moderate Cloud users and 3GB plans for heavy Cloud users.
- Please note that not all recordings created by your DR750X LTE Plus dash cam are sent up to the Cloud automatically. Not only is it typically unnecessary (for most drivers) to have a Cloud backup of literally every second of normal driving or parking mode videos, but uploading each and every recording to the Cloud via LTE would simply consume too much data to be feasible. For example, a 2-hour drive could easily generate 20 GB+ of video files on the memory card, so you can see how trying to send this much data to the Cloud would quickly burn up heaps of data allocation. Instead, BlackVue has solved this problem by automatically uploading "important" files tagged by the dash cam impact sensors as "Events" both during driving and parking. The sensitivity of the sensors and upload settings can be adjusted.
- If remote access to your dash cam isn't a priority for you, you may consider other non-LTE options such as the DR750X or the DR900X. These models are generally more affordable and compact in size and, if the need for the Cloud functionality arises later, the BlackVue LTE Modem can be added as an optional extra.
Specs and Manual
|Model||DR750X-2CH LTE Plus (Global Version)|
|LTE||Built-in 4G LTE module compatible with nano-SIM|
|Product Dimensions||Front: Width 137.6 mm / Height 43 mm / 159 g
Rear: Black / Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 25 g
|Image Sensor||Front: STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)
Rear: STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)
|Viewing Angle||Front: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
Rear: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
|Resolution and Frame Rate||Front: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 60fps Rear: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 30fps|
|Image Quality Modes||Extreme, Highest, High, Normal|
|Memory Card Support||MicroSD Class 10 U-1 or faster, up to 256GB.
BlackVue 32GB card included.
|Video Compression||MP4, H.264 Video Codec|
|Recording Modes||– Normal
– Event (Impact Detection / Speed Limit / Manual)
– Parking Mode (Motion+Impact Detection, Timelapse)
|Parking Mode||Supported (requires Power Management Device)|
|Event File Overwrite Protection||Supported (up to 50)|
|BlackVue Cloud||Supported (via built-in LTE Module or Wi-Fi connection)|
|LTE Bands||B1, B3, B7, B20|
|Wi-Fi||Built-in (802.11n, 2.4 - 2.4835 GHz)|
|Speaker, Voice Guidance||Built-in|
|Sensor||3-Axis Acceleration Sensor|
|Backup Power||Built-in supercapacitor|
|Input Power||DC 12V – 24V (DC Plug: ⌀ 3.5 x ⌀ 1.35)|
|Power Consumption||LTE On / GPS On: 430 mAh (5.16 W at 12 V)
Wi-Fi On / GPS On: 410 mAh (4.92 W at 12 V)
Wi-Fi Off / GPS Off: 200 mAh (3.48 W at 12 V)
* Actual power consumption varies depending on environment.
|Operation Temperature||-20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F )|
|Overheating Cut-Off||Approx. 80 °C (176 °F)|
|Certifications||Front: FCC, CE, Telec, IC, UKCA, RoHS, WEEE, RCM, KC
Rear: FCC, IC CE, UKCA, RCM, RoHS, WEEE
* Windows 7 or higher, Mac Yosemite OS X or higher
|Smartphone App||BlackVue App
* Android 5.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 or higher
|Other||– Seamless Pairing with your smartphone via BlackVue App
– Mobile Hotspot Function
The DR750X-2CH LTE Plus comes with the 32GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of storing around 2 hours worth of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can add a more capacious option in the drop-down menu above. Each memory card option in the menu is marked with its price and estimated recording time.
The video below shows the performance of the DR750X LTE Plus front camera in various conditions and modes (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest)
The video below is a walkthrough of a basic BlackVue DR750X-2CH LTE Plus dash cam installation and setting (if you'd like to hardwire the unit, please refer to this video instead).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supply every order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend