BlackVue DR650S-2CH IR [Uber/Taxi Dash Cam]
The BlackVue DR650S-2CH IR is a dual-channel (front and interior) dash cam for the Uber and Taxi drivers that combines performance and elegance. This high-end system features two camera units with GPS capabilities, Wi-Fi access, G-sensor, Parking Recording and even Cloud connectivity (requires an internet connection).
The BlackVue DR650S-2CH-IR was designed with professional drivers in mind. It monitors both the front and the interior of a vehicle, making it ideal for taxi or rideshare drivers. The front camera records in Full HD 1080p, while the interior IR (infrared) camera captures every detail of the cabin, even in pitch black lighting conditions.
Since this dash cam has no screen, it features a cylindrically-shaped body which is both stylish and super discreet. What is more, you won't really need a screen as you can pair your Iphone/Android smartphone with the dash cam and use a free BlackVue app for the footage review/download, settings access or checking real-time Live View for easy setup and positioning of your dash cam.
As for the Parking Recording, not only your BlackVue detects impacts while parked, it also detects movements. Videos files are marked accordingly so that you can easily find the relevant ones in the smartphone app or using the free BlackVue Viewer software. Please note that Parking Recording is optional and requires a Power Management Device in order to keep the unit running while your car is parked.
- Sony EXMOR™ CMOS sensor and upgraded hardwire allow for 1080p FullHD recording of the road ahead in most light conditions (sample footage).
- The interior HD camera features two infrared lights for enhanced video quality in low light conditions, perfect for rideshare drivers.
- The built-in GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires Power Management Device).
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to view and control your dash cam from smartphone (within 15-metre range).
- BlackVue Over The Cloud support allows you to remotely see what the unit is seeing, where it is at the moment, real-time alerts when the G-sensor is triggered and other security features (requires an internet connection).
- Based on super capacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high temperature cut off this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
- Discreet and stealthy design that has received overwhelmingly positive feedback over the years. It's truly an eye-candy, hands down.
Specs and Manual
The manual for this model can be downloaded from the official BlackVue website.
The DR650S-2CH IR sample footage (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest)
Please find some customer video reviews of the BlackVue DR650S-2CH IR below.
The rest of the reviews can be found in this YouTube playlist.
The video below is a walk through a very basic BlackVue DR650S-2CH IR installation (if you'd like to hardwire the unit, please refer to this video instead).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supply every order with a Tax Invoice.