BlackVue DR590W-2CH IR [Uber/Taxi Dash Cam]
In early 2019, the South-Korean dash cam manufacturer PITTASOFT came up with their mid-range front+interior dash cam, the BlackVue DR590W-2CH IR. This system is designed with professional drivers in mind: it monitors both the front and the interior of a vehicle, making it ideal for taxi or rideshare drivers. Both channels record in Full HD 1080p, while the interior unit is additionally equipped with two IR (infrared) lights to capture every detail of the cabin, even in pitch black lighting conditions.
In terms of size, it's also one of the most attractive, compact and easy to install rideshare dash cams available on the market. The "W" letter in its name stands for "Wi-Fi" which is an excellent feature as it allows the user to playback/download video footage and change settings directly via their smartphone. The Sony STARVIS™ image sensor that equips the front camera delivers an outstanding low-light performance. Additionally, it features Night Vision, further enhancing details in dark surroundings.
Just like the other BlackVue products, the DR590W IR has a parking recording support, allowing for around the clock protection for customers and their vehicles. Matching the camera with either the Power Magic Pro or a Back Up Battery will allow the DR590W-2CH IR to trigger recording with motion detection as well as impact detection so that protection will be readily available for the vehicle while the owner is away.
Overall, this product features all the functionality required from a mid-end dash cam while following the signature BlackVue design and build quality. Discreet yet advanced, this dash cam sitting in an affordable price range allowing for customization in terms of adding the optional GPS Receiver and compatible with multiple Parking Recording options should you require it.
- With the front camera’s Sony STARVIS™ imaging sensor, you get awesome image clarity day and night.
- The interior Full HD camera features two infrared lights for enhanced video quality in low light conditions, perfect for rideshare drivers.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to view saved footage and change settings of your dash cam from smartphone (within 15-metre range).
- Enhanced Night Vision, which can be activated from the settings, enhancing details in dark surroundings.
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires Power Management Device).
- The GPS receiver (optional extra) logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Based on super capacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high temperature cut off this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
- Following BlackVue's signature tube-shaped design, the DR590W IR is smaller and lighter compared to the other BlackVue products which makes it one of the most discreet and stealthy models on the market.
Specs and Manual
The manual for this model can be downloaded from the official BlackVue website.
The DR590W-2CH IR sample footage (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest)
Please find some video reviews of the BlackVue DR590W-2CH IR below.
The video below is a walk through a very basic BlackVue DR590W-2CH IR installation (if you'd like to hardwire the unit, please refer to this video instead).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supply every order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend