Building on the success of the original and highly successful 4K DR900S-2CH model, the new DR900X-2CH is quite literally the latest and greatest dash cam from BlackVue. With style and functionality second to none, if you're looking for the best dual-lens (front + rear coverage) dash cam of 2021, you'd be hard-pressed to beat the brand new DR900X-2CH!
The 4K Ultra High Definition resolution contains exactly four times as many pixels as Full HD, 3840 pixels x 2160 lines to be exact, equivalent to 8.3 million pixels. For a dashboard camera, this can mean the difference between an unusable pixelated blur and a readable licence plate, especially at speed or in low light conditions. To take even greater advantage of the extra resolution, the DR900X-2CH packs a massive ultra-wide 162-degree lens on its front camera for incredible clarity and detail from edge-to-edge. The DR900X-2CH performs exceptionally well at night and in dark environments (sample footage) while maintaining a low level of "digital noise".
There are two main improvements that make DR900X stand out compared to the previous generation's DR900S: built-in Low-Voltage protection for Parking Recording and an optional BlackVue LTE Module making the connectivity to BlackVue Cloud so much easier! In addition to the "old" approach of using an external Wi-Fi hotspot signal for the Cloud connectivity, the DR900X-2CH has a MicroUSB port that you can plug in the optional BlackVue CM100 LTE Module, giving this dash cam the ability to stay connected to the BlackVue Cloud anytime, anywhere using just a SIM card with a data plan.
As for the Parking Recording, unlike the previous models, the DR900X-2CH can be hardwired directly to the vehicle's electrical system via the included in the package 3-pin Hardwire Cable hence there is no need for the optional Power Magic Pro! Alternatively, it can also be powered by a Battery Pack for the ultimate parking recording protection. The DR900X-2CH supports Buffered Recording with Motion and Impact Detection and Time Lapse Recording.
With all these improvements, all the BlackVue "must-have" features are present in this high-end device as well, including GPS logging, direct Wi-Fi connection for pairing with the free BlackVue Apps on your smartphone, audio and loop-recording - all in a premium quality, discreet and compact design.
- 8-megapixel CMOS sensor on the front camera, for 4K Ultra High Definition video capture. In other words, 4K Ultra HD is four times as many pixels as Full HD.
- The powerful HiSilicon Hi3559 Processor allows for 25 Megabits (front) and 10 Megabits (rear) video bitrate for the best quality.
- DR900X features High Efficiency Video Coding (H.265), the leading standard in 4K recording and broadcasting.
- With the built-in low-voltage protection, there is no need for the Power Magic Pro anymore! The DR900X can be hardwired using the included 3-pin Hardwire Cable to get Parking Recording coverage for as long as your vehicle's battery has some extra charge.
- All BlackVue Parking Recordings Add-ons are still supported by the DR900X! Should you opt for the Power Magic Pro or a Battery Pack for an ultimate parking recording coverage, the DR900X is compatible with them all.
- Direct Wi-Fi connection (via built-in dual-band 5GHz module) to the dash cam allows to access the camera's footage at blazing speed. The direct Wi-Fi connection is password-protected, does not consume any mobile data and accessible within 10-15 meter range from the camera.
- BlackVue Cloud is even more accessible with the DR900X by plugging in the optional BlackVue LTE Module, or by pairing the camera to an existing Wi-Fi hotspot signal in (or near) the vehicle.
- The built-in GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Audio recording (on by default, yet can be turned off) adds more context to your footage.
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high temperature cut off this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
- Discreet and stealthy design that has received overwhelmingly positive feedback over the years. It's truly eye candy, hands down.
Specs and Manual
|Dimensions||Front: Width 118.5 mm / Height 36 mm / 106 g
Rear: Black / Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 25 g
|Image Sensor||Front: 8-Megapixel CMOS Sensor
Rear: STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)
|Viewing Angle||Front: Diagonal 162°, Horizontal 136°, Vertical 77°
Rear: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
|Resolution and Frame Rate||Front: 4K UHD (3840x2140) @ 30fps Rear: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 30fps|
|Video Codec||H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC)|
|Image Quality Modes||Highest (Extreme), Highest, High, Normal|
|Memory Card Support||MicroSD Class 10 U-1 or faster, up to 256GB.
BlackVue 32GB card included.
|Recording Modes||– Normal
– Event (Impact Detection / Speed Limit / Manual)
– Parking Mode (Motion+Impact Detection, Timelapse)
|Parking Mode||Supported (see Power Management Devices)|
|Event File Overwrite Protection||Supported (up to 50)|
|BlackVue Cloud||Supported (requires LTE Module or Wi-Fi connection)|
|Wi-Fi||Built-in (802.11 a.b.g.n.ac)|
|GPS||Built-in (Dual Band : GPS, GLONASS)|
|LTE||External LTE Module (optional)|
|Speaker, Voice Guidance||Built-in|
|Sensor||3-Axis Acceleration Sensor|
|Backup Power||Built-in supercapacitor|
|Input Power||DC 12V-24V (DC Plug (⌀ 3.5 x ⌀ 1.1))|
|Power Consumption||Normal Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS On) : 450 mAh
Normal Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS On) : 410 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS Off) : 365 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS Off) : 325 mAh
* Actual power consumption varies depending on environment.
|Operation Temperature||-20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 90 °C (-4 °F to 194 °F )|
|Overheating Cut-Off||Approx. 75 °C (167 °F)|
|Certifications||Front: FCC, CE, RoHS, Telec, WEEE, IC
Rear: FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE
* Windows 7 or higher, Mac Yosemite OS X or higher
|Smartphone App||BlackVue App
* Android 5.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 or higher
|Other||– Adaptive Format Free File Management System
– Scheduled Reboot
The DR900X-2CH comes with the 32GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of storing around 2 hours worth of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can add a more capacious option in the drop-down menu above. Each memory card option in the menu is marked with its price and estimated recording time. Please also see the detailed recording times chart for different memory card options below.
The DR900X does a great job producing high-quality videos both day and night (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest)
Please find some customer reviews of the BlackVue DR900X-2CH below.
BlackVue DR900X-2CH review from BlackBoxMyCar
BlackVue DR900X-2CH review from Justin Vendette
BlackVue DR900X-2CH review from Dashboard Camera Reviews
BlackVue DR900X-2CH review from DashCameras.net
BlackVue DR900X-2CH review VortexRadar
We have also collected some video reviews of the BlackVue DR900X-2CH below.
The installation process for the DR900X-2CH is identical to the other BlackVue X Series dash cams such as the D750X-2CH and the DR590X-2CH. The video below is a walk through a very basic BlackVue dual-channel dash cam installation (if you'd like to hardwire the camera, this video will also come in handy).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supply every order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend