BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus
Released in October 2021, the new DR900X-2CH Plus is quite literally the latest and greatest 4K dual-channel dash cam from BlackVue. With the new CPU, improved image processing and Seamless Pairing with your smartphone, this model is well placed on the leaderboard of the high-end dash cam market.
The 4K Ultra HD resolution contains exactly four times as many pixels as Full HD, 3840 pixels x 2160 lines to be exact, equivalent to 8.3 million pixels. For a dashboard camera, this can mean the difference between an unusable pixelated blur and a readable licence plate, especially at speed or in low light conditions. To take even greater advantage of the extra resolution, this model packs a massive ultra-wide 162-degree lens on its front camera for incredible clarity and detail from edge to edge. The rear camera is equipped with the 2.1 MPx Sony STARVIS™ IMX327 Sensor and records in 1080p resolution at 30 FPS. The DR900X Plus performs exceptionally well at night and in dark environments (sample footage) while maintaining a low level of "digital noise".
There are two main improvements that make DR900X Plus stand out compared to the previous generation's DR900S: built-in Low-Voltage protection for Parking Recording and an optional BlackVue LTE Module making the connectivity to BlackVue Cloud so much easier! In addition to the "old" approach of using an external Wi-Fi hotspot signal for optional Cloud connectivity, the DR900X Plus has a MicroUSB port that you can plug in the optional BlackVue CM100 LTE Module, giving the camera the ability to stay connected to the BlackVue Cloud anytime, anywhere using just a SIM card with a data plan.
As for Parking Recording, the DR900X Plus can be hardwired directly to the vehicle's electrical system via the included in the package 3-pin Hardwire Cable hence no need for the optional Power Magic Pro anymore! Alternatively, it can also be powered by a Battery Pack for the ultimate parking recording protection. It supports Buffered Recording with Motion and Impact Detection and Time Lapse Recording.
With all these improvements, all the BlackVue "must-have" features are present in this high-end device as well, including GPS logging, dual-band Wi-Fi, voice notifications, audio and loop recording - all in a premium quality, discreet and compact design.
- 8-megapixel OmniVision OS08A10 image sensor on the front camera, for 4K Ultra High Definition video capture. In other words, 4K Ultra HD is four times as many pixels as Full HD.
- The powerful HiSilicon Hi3559-V200 CPU allows for 25 Megabits (front) and 10 Megabits (rear) video bitrate.
- With the built-in low-voltage protection, the DR900X Plus can be hardwired using the included 3-pin Hardwire Cable to get Parking Recording coverage for as long as your vehicle's battery has some extra charge.
- Supports all existing BlackVue Parking Recordings Add-ons, from the Power Magic Pro to Battery Packs for an ultimate parking recording coverage.
- Seamless Pairing with your smartphone, in conjunction with the built-in dual-band 5GHz Wi-Fi, makes the setup, configuration and footage download a breeze.
- BlackVue Cloud is even more accessible by plugging in the optional BlackVue LTE Module, or by pairing the camera to an existing Wi-Fi hotspot signal in (or near) the vehicle.
- The built-in GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Audio recording (on by default, yet can be turned off) adds more context to your footage.
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high temperature cut off this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
- Stylish discreet tube-shaped design.
Specs and Manual
|Dimensions||Front: Width 118.5 mm / Height 36 mm / 106 g
Rear: Black / Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 25 g
|Image Sensor||Front: 8 MPx Omnivision OS08A10 Sensor
Rear: 2.1 MPx Sony STARVIS™ IMX327 Sensor
|Viewing Angle||Front: Diagonal 162°, Horizontal 136°, Vertical 77°
Rear: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
|Resolution and Frame Rate||Front: 4K UHD (3840x2140) @ 30 FPS Rear: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 30 FPS|
|Video Codec||H.264 (AVC)|
|Image Quality Modes||Highest (Extreme), Highest, High, Normal|
|Memory Card Support||MicroSD Class 10 U-1 or faster, up to 256GB.
BlackVue 32GB card included.
|Recording Modes||– Normal
– Event (Impact Detection / Speed Limit / Manual)
– Parking Mode (Motion+Impact Detection, Timelapse)
|Parking Mode||Supported (see Power Management Devices)|
|Event File Overwrite Protection||Supported (up to 50)|
|BlackVue Cloud||Supported (requires BlackVue CM100 LTE Module or Wi-Fi connection)|
|Wi-Fi||Built-in (802.11 a.b.g.n.ac)|
|GPS||Built-in (Dual Band : GPS, GLONASS)|
|LTE||External LTE Module (optional)|
|Speaker, Voice Guidance||Built-in|
|Sensor||3-Axis Acceleration Sensor|
|Backup Power||Built-in supercapacitor|
|Input Power||DC 12V-24V (DC Plug (⌀ 3.5 x ⌀ 1.1))|
|Power Consumption||Normal Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS On) : ~455 mA/12V
Normal Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS On) : ~385 mA/12V
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS Off) : ~390 mA/12V
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS Off) : ~330 mA/12V
* Actual power consumption varies depending on environment.
|Operation Temperature||-20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 80 °C (-4 °F to 176 °F )|
|Overheating Cut-Off||Approx. 75 °C (167 °F)|
|Certifications||Front: FCC, CE, RoHS, Telec, WEEE, IC
Rear: FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE
* Windows 7 or higher, Mac Yosemite OS X or higher
|Smartphone App||BlackVue App
* Android 5.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 or higher
|Other||– Seamless Pairing with your smartphone via BlackVue App
– Mobile Hotspot Function
The DR900X-2CH Plus comes with the 32GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of storing around 2 hours of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can add a more capacious option in the drop-down menu above. Each memory card option in the menu is marked with its price and estimated recording time. Please also see the detailed recording times chart for different memory card options below.
The DR900X does a great job producing high-quality videos both day and night (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest)
Please find some video reviews of the BlackVue DR900X Plus below. More reviews can be found in this youtube playlist.
The installation process for the DR900X Plus is identical to the other BlackVue X Series dash cams. The video below is a walkthrough of a very basic BlackVue dual-channel dash cam installation (if you'd like to hardwire the camera, this video will also come in handy).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supply every order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend