Building on the success of the discreet and affordable DR590W-2CH model, the new DR590X-2CH is the next evolution of the DR590W series from BlackVue. With BlackVue's smallest form-factor, smooth FullHD recording, direct Wi-Fi connectivity and an excellent selection of available add-ons, the DR590X-2CH is worth your consideration. Read on!
Parking Recording by Motion Detection is a feature that appeals to many BlackVue customers. Not only is the new DR590X compatible with the existing Power Magic Pro and Battery Packs, it also can be used the included BlackVue 3-pin Hardwire Cable which is the most affordable way of using Parking Recording (relies on your car's battery). All in all, regardless of what Parking Recording Add-on you choose, while the power lasts, the DR590X will trigger recording based on motion or impact detection. This footage will be stored on the memory card and can be reviewed later, just like CCTV.
In terms of size, it's also one of the most attractive and smallest dual-channel dash cams available hence easy to install. Attach the front unit to the windshield behind the rearview mirror with the provided double-sided tape (located like this, on most cars it won't be visible to the driver’s eye). The rear camera can be easily installed at the back of the vehicle and connected to the front unit with the included video cable. Once set, you can forget about it, knowing it will reliably record your drive.
Overall, this product features all the of a mid-end dash cam while following the signature BlackVue design and build quality. Discreet yet advanced, this dash cam sitting in an affordable price range allowing for customization in terms of adding the optional GPS Receiver and compatible with multiple Parking Recording options should you require it.
- With the front camera’s Sony STARVIS™ imaging sensor, you get awesome image clarity day and night.
- The powerful HiSilicon Hi3559 Processor allows for 12 Megabits (front) and 10 Megabits (rear) video for the best quality.
- Built-in direct Wi-Fi allows you to view saved footage and change settings of your dash cam from smartphone (within 10-15 meter range).
- Enhanced Night Vision, which can be activated from the settings, enhancing details in dark surroundings.
- Protect yourself from hit-and-run accidents while your car is parked with motion-activated Parking Mode (requires a Power Management Device).
- The GPS Receiver (optional) logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high-temperature cut-off, this camera works well in New Zealand summer.
- Following BlackVue's signature tube-shaped design, the DR590X is smaller and lighter compared to the other BlackVue products which makes it one of the most discreet and stealthy models on the market.
Specs and Manual
|Product Dimensions||Front: Width 111.8 mm x Height 34 mm / 87.8 g
Rear: Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 20.3 g
|Image Sensor||Front: STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)
Rear: CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2M Pixel)
|Viewing Angle||Front: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
Rear: Diagonal 136.8°, Horizontal 111.3°, Vertical 57.5
|Resolution and Frame Rate||Front: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 30fps
Rear: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 30fps
|Image Quality Modes||Highest, High, Normal|
|Memory Card Support||MicroSD Class 10 U-1 or faster, up to 256GB.
BlackVue 32GB card included.
|Recording Modes||– Normal
– Event (Impact Detection)
– Parking Mode (Motion+Impact Detection)
|Parking Mode||Supported (see Power Management Devices)|
|Event File Overwrite Protection||Supported (up to 50)|
|Wi-Fi||Built-in (802.11 b.g.n)|
|GPS||Optional (External - Dual Band: GPS + GLONASS)|
|Speaker, Voice Guidance||Built-in|
|Sensor||3-Axis Acceleration Sensor|
|Backup Power||Built-in supercapacitor|
|Input Power||DC 12V-24V (DC Plug (⌀ 3.5 x ⌀ 1.1))|
|Power Consumption||Normal Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS On) : 370 mAh
Normal Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS On) : 340 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS Off) : 340 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS Off) : 300 mAh
* Actual power consumption varies depending on environment.
|Operation Temperature||-20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 80 °C (-4 °F to 176 °F )|
|Overheating Cut-Off||Approx. 70 °C (158 °F)|
|Certifcations||Front: FCC, CE, RoHS, Telec, WEEE, IC
Rear: FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE
* Windows 7 or higher, Mac Yosemite OS X or higher
|Smartphone App||BlackVue App
* Android 5.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 or higher
|Other||– Adaptive Format Free File Management System|
The DR590X-2CH comes with the 32GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of storing around 3 hours worth of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can add a more capacious option in the drop-down menu above. Each memory card option in the menu is marked with its price and estimated recording time.
Sample Footage & Reviews
The DR590X does a great job producing high-quality videos both day and night (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest)
The installation process for the DR590X-2CH is identical to the other BlackVue X Series dash cams such as the D750X-2CH and the DR900X-2CH. The video below is a walk through a very basic BlackVue dual-channel dash cam installation (if you'd like to hardwire the camera, this video will also come in handy).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supply every order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend