Building on the success of the extremely popular DR750S-2CH model (you probably know someone who owns one!), the new DR750X-2CH is the next iteration of this wildly successful dash cam from BlackVue. With discreet style and an amazing set of features, but still in a comfortable price range for customers, if you're looking for one of the best high-end dual-channel (front + rear coverage) dash cams of 2021, it's hard to beat the brand new DR750X-2CH. Read on!
There are two main improvements that make DR750X-2CH stand out compared to the previous generation's DR750S: built-in Low-Voltage protection for Parking Recording and an optional LTE Module making the connectivity to BlackVue Cloud so much easier! In addition to the "old" approach of using an external Wi-Fi hotspot signal for the Cloud connectivity, the DR750X-2CH has a MicroUSB port that you can plug in the optional BlackVue CM100 LTE Module, giving this dash cam the ability to stay connected to the BlackVue Cloud anytime, anywhere using just a SIM card with a data plan.
As for the Parking Recording, unlike the previous models, the DR750X-2CH can be hardwired directly to the vehicle's electrical system via the included in the package 3-pin Hardwire Cable hence there is no need for the optional Power Magic Pro! Alternatively, it can also be powered by a Battery Pack for the ultimate parking recording protection. The DR750X-2CH supports Buffered Recording with Motion and Impact Detection and Time Lapse Recording.
With all these improvements, all the BlackVue "must-have" features are present in this high-end device as well, including GPS logging, direct Wi-Fi connection for pairing with the free BlackVue Apps on your smartphone, audio and loop-recording - all in a premium quality, discreet and compact design.
- STARVIS™ IMX291 imaging sensor that used in both the front and the rear cameras is a reference in video clarity under low light.
- The powerful hardwire with the HiSilicon Hi3559 CPU allows for 25 Megabits front and 10 Megabits rear video bitrate as well as Enhanced Night Vision feature for better video quality.
- In the Sports Mode, the DR750X can record at 60 FPS on the front cam noticeably reducing blur on license plates.
- With the built-in low-voltage protection, there is no need for the Power Magic Pro anymore! The DR750X can be hardwired using the included 3-pin Hardwire Cable to get Parking Recording coverage for as long as your vehicle's battery has some extra charge.
- All BlackVue Parking Recordings Add-ons are still supported by the DR750X! Should you opt for the Power Magic Pro or a Battery Pack for an ultimate parking recording coverage, the DR750X is compatible with them all.
- Direct Wi-Fi connection to the dash cam (via built-in Wi-Fi module) allows to access the camera's footage at blazing speed. The direct Wi-Fi connection is password-protected, does not consume any mobile data and accessible within 15-metre range from the camera.
- BlackVue Cloud is even more accessible with the DR750X by plugging in the optional BlackVue LTE Module, or by pairing the camera to an existing Wi-Fi hotspot signal in (or near) the vehicle.
- The built-in GPS receiver logs your vehicle’s location, speed and current time so you can later visualize its position on the map.
- Audio recording (on by default, yet can be turned off) adds more context to your footage.
- Based on supercapacitors, with the max operating temperature of 70°C and high temperature cut off this camera can work well in New Zealand summer.
- Discreet and stealthy design that has received overwhelmingly positive feedback over the years. It's truly an eye-candy, hands down.
Specs and Manual
|Product Dimensions||Front: Width 118.5 mm / Height 36 mm / 105 g
Rear: Black / Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 25 g
|Image Sensor||Front: STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)
Rear: STARVIS™ CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)
|Viewing Angle||Front: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
Rear: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
|Resolution and Frame Rate||Front: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 60fps Rear: FullHD (1920x1080) @ 30fps|
|Image Quality Modes||Highest (Extreme), Highest, High, Normal|
|Memory Card Support||MicroSD Class 10 U-1 or faster, up to 256GB.
BlackVue 32GB card included.
|Recording Modes||– Normal
– Event (Impact Detection / Speed Limit / Manual)
– Parking Mode (Motion+Impact Detection, Timelapse)
|Parking Mode||Supported (see Power Management Devices)|
|Event File Overwrite Protection||Supported (up to 50)|
|BlackVue Cloud||Supported (requires LTE Module or Wi-Fi connection)|
|Wi-Fi||Built-in (802.11 b.g.n)|
|GPS||Built-in (Dual Band : GPS, GLONASS)|
|LTE||External LTE Module (optional)|
|Speaker, Voice Guidance||Built-in|
|Sensor||3-Axis Acceleration Sensor|
|Backup Power||Built-in supercapacitor|
|Input Power||DC 12V-24V (DC Plug (⌀ 3.5 x ⌀ 1.1))|
|Power Consumption||Normal Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS On) : 375 mAh
Normal Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS On) : 340 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi On / GPS Off) : 320 mAh
Parking Mode (Wi-Fi Off / GPS Off) : 285 mAh
* Actual power consumption varies depending on environment.
|Operation Temperature||-20 °C to 85 °C (-4 °F to 188 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 °C to 90 °C (-4 °F to 194 °F )|
|Overheating Cut-Off||Approx. 85 °C (185 °F)|
|Certifications||Front: FCC, CE, RoHS, Telec, WEEE, IC
Rear: FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE
* Windows 7 or higher, Mac Yosemite OS X or higher
|Smartphone App||BlackVue App
* Android 5.0 or higher, iOS 9.0 or higher
|Other||– Adaptive Format Free File Management System
– Scheduled Reboot
The DR750X-2CH comes with the 32GB MicroSD memory card out of the box which is capable of storing around 2 hours worth of footage (on the highest video quality settings). If you'd like to keep more footage, you can add a more capacious option in the drop-down menu above. Each memory card option in the menu is marked with its price and estimated recording time.
The footage below is taken from the DR750S which has identical video quality as the DR750X model (please don't forget to set the YouTube video quality to the highest).
The installation process for the DR750X-2CH is identical to the other BlackVue X Series dash cams such as the D900X-2CH and the DR590X-2CH. The video below is a walk through a very basic BlackVue dual-channel dash cam installation (if you'd like to hardwire the camera, this video will also come in handy).
Taxes and Shipping
Free Tracked Courier Shipping within New Zealand from drivercam.co.nz for all the orders above $150! Most of our customers receive their orders on the following business day if paid by 3pm.
DriverCam Limited is registered for GST and supplies every single order with a Tax Invoice.
We Also Recommend